Click on the banners above for more info.
Message from Rev Catherine McBride, Vicar
Thank you for visiting our website. The current situation is that:
We know that being church is so much more than simply what goes on in our building on a Sunday. I want to encourage us to be united in our prayer and practical support for one another and our community. Can I especially ask you to carry on supporting our local foodbank where you can and buy extra provisions for it if you are able, so that they can continue to give much needed help to those in real need.
- All of our Sunday and midweek services are suspended.
- The church building is closed.
- Baptisms and weddings are currently suspended. We will keep in touch with families and couples with services already booked for the next few months to keep you updated. We will understand if you need to cancel or postpone, just let us know if this is the case.
- Funerals are being conducted, but with significant restrictions. Your minister will be able to explain these to you.
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
If you have access to the internet, there are a variety of ways you can join in to worship.Some of which are listed below - if you use Facebook, search for these churches too.
Stream worship from a variety of churches (some only available during set worship times):
- Holy Trinity, Meole Brace - here
- All Hallows by the Tower, London - here
- Buckingham Parish Church - here
- Christ Church W4 - here
If you have a smart device like Alexa ask for the prayer of the day or to play some praise music or hymns.
There are lots of resources on the Church of England website to support individual worship, or why not call a friend on your phone/mobile device and go hands free to share worship together!
Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy.
Sustain and support the anxious,
be with those who care for the sick,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may find comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-------Using the menus above you can find out all about the living church of St Mary's which is located at the heart of the market town of Market Drayton in North Shropshire. Whether you want to find out more about God's work in Market Drayton, are looking for a thriving Christian community in the area, planning a visit to the town, or re-discovering the joys of time spent here we hope to see you.St Mary's is committed to Safeguarding and has adopted the National and Diocesan Safeguarding Policies. Our Safeguarding Coordinator is Barbara Bashford and can be contacted on 01630 653505.
You can read our parish policy here as well as a link to the Diocese of Lichfield safeguarding pages.